These days, it’s easy to find a free VPN, but getting a trustworthy and reliable one with no hidden costs that will let you access Netflix and torrents and keep you secure is not easy. While using most of the VPNs will limit your data, bandwidth, connection speed, available server locations, and even block you from streaming services. Also, some free VPNs could compromise your privacy. The following listed VPN has only secured FREE VPNs, with no hidden costs, risks, or headaches.
1. NordVPN – Risk-Free With 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
NordVPN isn’t regularly free. It’s a premium VPN packed with few of the most advanced features. NordVPN has a 30-day money-back guarantee, and you can use its premium VPN service for a whole month risk-free. This VPN is an excellent choice if you only need a VPN for a short-term period while traveling or stream. NordVPN’s security is hard to defeat. Unlike most free VPNs that will limit your streaming, and NordVPN lets you stream your beloved shows from anywhere. This VPN can reach geo-blocked content from 400+ compatible streaming platforms.
Additional features include torrenting support with high-speed, dedicated P2P servers, dedicated IP addresses, Double VPN, ad blocking, Onion Over VPN, and more.
NordVPN’s Key Features:
- Get 30 days of unlimited data with NordVPN by applying its money-back guarantee.
- Runs outside 5/9/14-Eyes Alliance for total anonymity
- 256-bit encryption, malware protection, and kill switch
- 5,400+ servers in 59 countries
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, HBO, BBC iPlayer, Showtime, Amazon Prime Video, Sling TV, and hundreds more
2. ProtonVPN – Unlimited Data and Servers in Three Countries
ProtonVPN gives a limited free version of its reliable premium service. One of its most significant benefits over most free VPNs is that it comes with unlimited data. This VPN is also ad-free, which is a big plus. With the open plan, you get access to servers in only Japan, Netherlands, and the US.
ProtonVPN features are easy-to-use, intuitive interface, and multi-platform compatibility. The Quick Connect feature of this VPN connects you to the fastest nearby server. The VPN also allows robust security, including automatic kill switch, and powerful AES encryption. This VPN has a clear zero-logging policy that strictly enforced.
ProtonVPN’s Key Features:
- Unlimited free data
- Robust encryption and an automatic kill switch
- No-log policy and Swiss privacy laws to protect your anonymity
- Works with: YouTube, Spotify, Kodi
3. Windscribe – 10 GB of Free Data Every Month
Windscribe’s free data allowance makes it one of my top free VPNs. It’s just to stream in high definition for only over three hours. Even you can receive an extra 5 GB by tweeting the company. Windscribe possesses state-of-the-art security with secure AES encryption and support for various VPN protocols.
All paid and free users can access all Windscribe characteristics, including its ad and malware blocker. It’s easy to obtain a free VPN with this feature. Windscribe also begins with a firewall that blocks all traffic outside the VPN’s secure tunnel to check unexpected leaks.
The program also has a user-friendly interface with a selection of customer support options, including setup guides and live chat.
Windscribe’s Key Features
- 10 GB of free data every month
- Robust encryption, malware protection, and ad blocking
- Access blocked content in 10 countries
- Torrenting support
- Access blocked content in 10 countries
- Works with: Netflix, Hulu, HBO
4. Hotspot Shield – Torrent-Friendly VPN
Hotspot Shield allows reliable connections and military-grade encryption and effectively masks your IP address to guard your privacy online. Hotspot Shield is agreeable with all significant running systems, has a no-logs policy to preserve your anonymity, and allows dedicated tech support. This VPN also allows P2P support for both free and premium users.
This VPN is user-friendly, which allows one-click to connect. The free version comes with limitations. This VPN is supported by ads and gives you only 500 MB of data per day. While using this VPN, you will have no difficulty validating your email or browsing social media.
Hotspot Shield’s Key Features
- 500 MB of free data every 24 hour period, which means 15 GB per month
- Stable connections ensure lag-free browsing
- Military-grade encryption protects your internet activity
- A user-friendly interface makes it easy to get started
- Works with: YouTube and Spotify
5. hide.me — Fast Speeds and 10GB of Free Monthly Data
hide.me gives reliable free service and strips back. While using this VPN, you will get 10 GB of free data every month and all the advantages of hide.me’s user-friendly dedicated apps. High-level security characteristics include an automatic kill switch, leak-protection, strong AES encryption, and strict no-log policy.
hide.me holds multiple VPN protocols to optimize your connection and pick the most suitable fit for your device. Using this VPN, you can connect to unsecured public WiFi networks without bothering about prying eyes.
Users are not expected to enter an email address or any personal items when signing up for further preserving your online anonymity.
hide.me’s Key Features
- 10 GB of free data per month
- Good connection speeds for quick loading and browsing
- Strong encryption and multiple available protocols
- Free servers in four countries
- Works with: Hulu, iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, HBO GO
6. TunnelBear – Large Server Network and No Logging
TunnelBear’s free version is a great way to get started if you’re new to VPNs. This VPN has a user-friendly interface that appears full of animated grizzly bears. Unlike other free VPNs that limit you to a handful of servers, TunnelBear provides free users to connect to many countries and enjoy moderate connection rates.
TunnelBear is individually inspected, guarantees no data logging, and uses AES 256-bit encryption. It indicates your data will never be stored, and your identification will regularly stay private. This VPN can unblock most geo-restricted websites and bypass pesky content filters without a hassle.
TunnelBear’s Key Features:
- 500 MB of free data every month
- No-logging guaranteed
- Servers in 22+ countries
- Works with: YouTube, Spotify
7. OperaVPN – In-Browser VPN for Anonymous Surfing
The web browser Opera appears with a built-in VPN that hides your IP address as you browse over the internet. While using this VPN, you will require to enable the VPN in the browser settings. Your OperaVPN won’t protect any traffic sent from other browsers or apps. So even though your browsing movement is safe, your emails and banking apps aren’t preserved.
This VPN features built-in ad blocker and malware protection. When users use this browser, the VPN function protects your identity for anonymous browsing. Even you can pick from only three virtual locations: the Americas, Europe, and Asia.
OperaVPN’s Key Features:
- Unlimited data and bandwidth
- No registration needed
- Built-in adblocker and malware protection
8. Speedify – Fast Speeds With No Ads
Speedify is designed using VPN protocols that enhance your connection speed. This VPN Channel Bonding technology routes your traffic over two separate internet connections at once. This technique improves your connection speed slightly, but it also uses twice as much WiFi and cellular data.
Speedify excelled in all my DNS leak detection tests, which makes it effectively masks your IP address to protect your privacy and help you access censored and geo-restricted content online. Speedify’s Amsterdam server optimized for BitTorrent and P2P activity. 2 GB of free data per month is lots if you want secure VPN protection while you instantly verify your email or update your FB feed.
Speedify’s Key Features:
- 2 GB of free data every month
- Fast and reliable connections with Channel Bonding technology
- 200+ servers in 50+ locations worldwide
- ChaCha encryption cipher combines security and speed
9. Betternet VPN – Better Protection for Unsecured WiFi Networks
Betternet does not permit you to stream using its free account. Using this VPN, you can only connect to its US server location, so you can’t access geo-blocked websites anywhere else. Still, Betternet does an excellent job when it comes to security.
This VPN allows robust encryption, good speeds, and perfect forward secrecy. If your connection to the VPN server crashes, your traffic will not be protected. This free VPN is an excellent option for protecting yourself from spying eyes when you connect to an unsecured public WiFi network, but you should look elsewhere for total anonymity.
Betternet VPN’s Key Features
- 500 MB of free data per day
- Robust encryption and malware protection
- No registration needed – just download and get started
10. VPNBook – Unlimited Data Over OpenVPN
VPNBook allows unlimited free data, secure AES encryption, and a variety of OpenVPN and PPTP connections. Using this VPN, you can receive online from any location without bothering about spying eyes. This VPNBook only has servers in the US, the UK, Canada, France, Germany, and Poland.
The organization runs out of privacy-friendly Romania, but it does hold few connection logs for up to a week. Unlike the different VPNs, this VPNBook does not allow dedicated apps for your devices. But it presents you manual configuration files for OpenVPN. It’s not as complicated as it sounds, especially with VPNBook’s step-by-step installation guides.
VPNBook’s Key Features
- Unlimited data
- Built from secure OpenVPN technology
- Virtual locations in 6 countries
- Compatible with: Windows, macOS, iOS, Android, Linux